Wednesday 8 April 2015

Distressed art deco arch nails

Hello there!! Man I cannot believe it's April, life has been going so fast this year!! I know that's every year but I feel it's especially speedy this year. Life moving faster ya'know. More nail art today and I really like this design, mega cool, geometric designs are some of my favourites.

Also this was so unbelievably easy to do and I love the way it looks. I love the colour scheme too, I thought it was very art deco, obviously a much less complex art deco but I don't think that detracts. Distressed nails are also super cool. I like the silver outline too, got to stray away from black you know. I think black would've been too intense, also my pen is acting up :P Oh yeah I was totally inspired by Mr. Candiipants!!

So I got the brushes of the polish, wiped most of the polish off and randomly swiped, I tried to make the distribution of colours as even as possible. Then once it was all dry I got my silver on a toothpick and drew the "egg arches", haha some got totally wonky but I thought it added to the design. No need to be perfect :)

Red: OPI - Dutch Tulips
Orange: Rimmel - It's a Scorcher!
Yellow: American Apparel - Neon Yellow (love this in the design cause it blends great)
Gold: w7 - Golden Sands
Dusty green: Illamasqua - Melange
Dark green: Barry M - Kiwi
Silver: w7 - Silver Mirror
Flakies: Essie - Shine of the Times

Thanks so much for reading and I hope you have a fab day!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment